Friday, February 08, 2008

Damien Hirst-Like Wall Stickers @ Blik




With colors like lemon, cotton candy pink and kiwi, Blik's SWEET 16 polka dot decals add delicious color and a sense of fun to any wall. Inspired by British artist Damien Hirst's spot paintings where no two colors are alike, SWEET 16 has sixteen different colored dots in a package. You can arrange the colorful circles in a Hirst grid-like pattern or customize it by scattering on a wall like confetti. Random dots of color around your home would be awesome too and would make your guests go "What?". Love it!
I actually own a signed Damien Hirst dot print (I said print, not painting) that I bought years ago for a bargain and have it hanging in my dinning room here in Florida. I'll try to take a picture of it and post it here one of these days. I once saw this picture of Valentino's home and he was sitting in front of an actual Hirst dot painting. As I do not have Mr. Garavani's deep pockets I will have to stick to prints for the time being.
The 16-piece set retails for US$40.00 and it's available directly at Blik







No comments: