Friday, April 04, 2008

Make Me A Supermodel: Holly Wins!




America has voted and Holly is the winner of Make Me A Supermodel! The results did not surprise me at all and I even voted for her through the Bravo website. The models had one last catwalk before the results were unveiled and Holly aced as usual. She did these great hunched-forward shoulder stances as she entered the runway and once again in front of the judge panel and she looked like a superstar! She won a modelling contract with a NYC model agency, a layout in GQ magazine and a US$100,000 cash prize. Not bad at all!





My boy Ronnie was the first runner-up and I did feel for him as Holly was announced the winner. Ronnie was a great contestant and his charm and personality won me over from the get-go. He was a gracious looser and was all smiles and apparently happy for Holly, that by this time had her face covered in dripping mascara. They hugged. It was sweet. I will miss you Ronnie... Call me, will you?





The models had surprise visits at their townhouse the night before the result final. Check out Holly's boyfriend!! Can you believe she claims they don't have sex? They look gorgeous together and he even brought her this mushy Lladro-style porcelain figurine of a couple embracing. She kept holding it the whole night, the figurine I mean. Actually they couldn't keep their hands off each other.




Ronnie's visitor was his mom and I could tell where he got his grace and personality from. She was a very sweet lady and this apple did not fall far from the tree. She was very cute telling Ben's wife, as soon as they met, that Ronnie and Ben were just friends! Loved that!




"What's up? What's up?" That what I kept hearing dull-as-doornail Ben say to his visiting wife. He looked so-not excited to see her at the door. He couldn't even give her a genuine hug. Ronnie jokingly said "awkward" as he is first introduced to her but awkward to me was how Ben couldn't hide his discomfort when seeing his wife after 3 months away in NYC. She wants everything to go back to normal. Ben wants to move to the Big Apple and be a model. I smell trouble.




The night's biggest surprise visit was Perry's allegedly cheating girlfriend Amanda knocking at their front door. Perry froze as he opened the door and saw her standing there. Amanda is gorgeous but I couldn't shake off the feeling that she was there for some TV-time exposure. She refused to talk about her alleged affair with Britney Spears' paparazzo boyfriend and her denial put a big "cheater" stamp on her forehead. How can Perry be so blind? Love is the answer to that, I guess. They acted like all was well and nothing ever happened. Whatever!
So from now on my Thursday night 10 PM slot is vacant as MMASM wraps up and I'll miss those guys. Hopefully Bravo's Sheer Jenius and Top Design will resume soon so I can get some excitement in my life again.

No comments: