Thursday, March 06, 2008

FIERCE! Christian Wins Project Runway





I was at the edge of my seat (literally!) last night watching the season finale of Project Runway. I had tears in my eyes (cry baby!) as Heidi Klum announced Christian Siriano as the winner of Season 4. I was so rooting for Christian to win and I really got touched by his sincere tears right before the announcement. His collection was fierce - to paraphrase his overused jargon - as he put out incredible show pieces, my favorite being his last number, a dramatic feathered couture gown that sashayed down the runway in perfect flow. I would say that it would have been a perfect fit in any European catwalk and his talent and vision in undeniable, specially when you consider that is only 21 years old! His model choices - mostly gorgeous black and dark skinned girls - were perfect for his exotic looks and the girls could walk, not to be said for some other designer's picks. The cherry on top was guest judge Victoria Beckham that came across very well spoken with constructive input and was clearly enamored with Christian's design view. Victoria looked beautiful in an orange jersey dress and even cracked a smile - something that as she puts it "is not easily done" - when watching his runway presentation.
Christian you rocked! Congratulations!!!!








No comments: