Saturday, March 22, 2008

Scarlett Johansson's New Album Promo Images

.








Scarlett Johansson is set to join the long line of Hollywood actors who've turned their hand to music when she releases her debut album in May 2008. Entitled "Anywhere I Lay My Head", Johansson's album will be a collection of Tom Waits covers - of which the grizzled songwriting legend has apparently lent his approval - with only one track an original composition. Needless to say, the Hollywood starlet has called in the favours from her celebrity chums, with David Bowie providing guest vocals on two tracks and Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zinner appearing throughout.
Speaking of the album, Johansson told Access Hollywood: "It was a whole other magical experience for me. It was amazing. I worked with some incredible people... Tom Waits' melodies are so beautiful and his voice is so distinct. I sent him some of my early, early recordings, and he said, 'Go ahead'. I've heard he's very pleased."
Johansson's previous dabblings in the music world have included an appearance in Justin Timberlake's What Goes Around... Comes Around video, a song on 2006 charity album Unexpected Dreams: Songs From The Stars, and an on-stage performance with The Jesus And Mary Chain at America's Coachella Festival in 2007.



Images via HCH

No comments: