Wednesday, August 15, 2007

David Rothwell's Photopia





The first time I recall seeing David Rothwell's work was in the mid 90's in London. I have a good friend there that I visited regularly at the time that was a bartender at a popular pub. I remember collecting these really cool fliers from Heaven nightclub, that I still keep, that featured these striking images of men. A futuristic Tom of Finland I might say was what my memory of the time recalls, but sophisticated and classy, never raunchy or vulgar. I even remember a small art show at this bar called Kudos with David's work on the walls, that at the time I probably couldn't afford. I have kept a link to his website in my favorite's list for years now and decided to pay him a small homage here in my humble blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool and kinda eerie! Love the Asian girl