Friday, October 05, 2007

Faux Handbags






I spotted all these faux handbags during a single day's outing in Rio de Janeiro. I still kick myself for being too shy to pull out my camera in the subway when I saw this shabby-looking granny carrying a faux Louis Vuitton Murakami handbag, bows and all. Like any other major city these days, you will find peddlers selling copy-cat Guccis, Pradas and Fendis, and Rio is no exception. The local government does such a poor job to combat piracy in general, with conterfeit CDs, DVDs and computer software being sold EVERYWHERE, that I assume fashion is not high on their priority list.
Considering that for the price of a real LV bag you can purchase a good second hand car in Brazil it is no wonder that the local ladies also want to sport some flash, even if without the cash.










No comments: